Thursday, January 3, 2013

Ambition knows no obstacles

That was probably the best fortune from a cookie I could have read going in to 2013. I opened it at my family's annual Christmas Eve Chinese food dinner. 

It was more timely a fortune than I could have imagined. 2012 was tumultuous. I came out bruised and battered. A lot of good happened and a lot of "life experience" was gained, but in the end I just want to be settled in DC and pursuing good work and relationships.

2012 started in Europe on family vacation, saw a move to Mississippi and a move BACK to DC. I'm currently in the District with all of my belongings in storage in Louisiana and on a hunt to make something of myself. 

The good things that I have already encountered going into 2013 are truly innumerable. This blog will be a little bit of a place for me to record more of those good things as well as share my path to "becoming an adult" aka turning 30.

Be warned, I will probably share opinions AND "fashion advice." Plus I've already been working on a favorite things list... Hopefully that entry will provide some insight into who I am.

Please feel free to take this little motto and run with it because we can all use that reminder:

Ambition knows NO obstacles.

No comments:

Post a Comment