Thursday, January 3, 2013

"Underemployed"

I spent the better part of 2012 underemployed. Specifically April-August (mostly just not being paid by clients) and then again for November and December. Seven months total. Mind you, I was working like a dog every month... just not making enough to live.

2013 is starting with a BANG of employment. I am currently working on three different projects ranging from fundraising and strategy to event planning and corporate conference type stuff.

It's great! I love the challenge and working with friends!!

The best part, I am taking on things that are well within my grasp and a stretch at the same time. My goal in all of this is to be, in a word, overemployed. I'm excited to be paid what I'm worth. When it comes to employment, I have always had a sever problem of undervaluing myself... but that's about to change!

Maybe this year will bring a "full-time" job and maybe it won't, but as it stands now I have good work that will put me through the first chunk of the year!

I haven't completely decided how "anon" this blog will remain, so I will spare details for now...

Also, I am now current on thank you notes!

No comments:

Post a Comment